Buckle with ball – Motorcycle
The Helite lanyard system uses a multi-directional key-ball trigger – this is a proven and safe system. The lanyard must be fitted correctly in order for the air jacket system to work correctly.
- The Helite lanyard system uses a multi-directional key-ball trigger – this is a proven and safe system. The canister must be fitted correctly in order for the air jacket system to work correctly.
- The motorcycle lanyard is standard across all Helite motorcycle products.
- We strongly recommend that you get one lanyard per motorcycle and you leave each lanyard securely attached to the bike.
- Keep it away from anything sharp or abrasive that could damage or weaken the strap.
- Keep it away from hot elements that could damage or weaken the strap.
Multi-directional key-ball trigger
Fitting your Helite Lanyard – THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!
- Never attach the lanyard to the handle bars.
- The lanyard would ideally be attached under the seat around a robust tube of the frame.
- You should make a loop with the buckle at the most convenient location on the motorcycle
- The closer the lanyard is to your centre of gravity when seated on the vehicle the better.
- Try out the length and adjust it until you reach an optimal length.
- It should only be tight when you are stood up.
- If the length of the strap is too long the inflation of the airbag jacket could be delayed.