Helite Oceania (CTCAD Limited)
CTCAD Limited with NZBN: 9429048411578 assumes no liability for personal injury or property damage that may result from the use of HELITE AIRBAG TECHNOLOGY.
DISCLAIMER – HELITE FRANCE MANUFACTURER
CAUTION, failure to follow safety instructions could lead to your airbag malfunctioning or reduce its effectiveness.
- Be sure to choose the right size of your airbag according to your body shape and the size chart of each Helite model (www.helite.com).
- You must not wear an Helite airbag if you weigh less than 35 kg.
- Do not remove or modify any part of the airbag or the jacket fabric.
- Do not forget to remove the CO2 cartridge once used (use the same brand and same capacity when reloading).
- Take out any sharp objects from your pockets before using your Helite airbag.
- Check that your airbag is in good working condition, i.e. no rips or tears, before each use.
- Store your Helite airbag on a clothes hanger in a dry place. Keep away from high temperatures and humidity.
- Do not sew or stick anything onto the Helite airbag (neither the airbag itself nor its fabric) as it could pierce the airbag and prevent it from working properly.
- Make sure that the lanyard is firmly and correctly attached to the motorcycle whilst using the airbag system (ideally under the seat, close to your gravity centre).
- Keep out of reach of children.
STORAGE AND MAINTANCE OF AIRBAG
- Each Helite airbag has its own cleaning instructions, please visit our websiteb www.helite.com to know how to clean your model.
- Do not expose your airbag to high temperatures (near heat source, flame or radiator, etc.).
- Do not leave your airbag within reach of rodents or other animals.
- Store your airbag in a dry place, keep away from humidity.
- Do not leave your airbag folded or rolled up for a long time. It is best to store your airbag on a clothes hanger.
- For safety reasons, we ask you to check your airbag on an annual basis:
- Unscrew and weigh your CO2 cartridge on a scale. Please make sure it is approximately +/- 3g for 50CC and 60CC cartridges or +/- 5g for 100CC cartridges to the weight written on your cartridge (Helite sticker on the canister). Our cartridges are under warranty of 10 years.
- Open the mechanical system using Allen key supplied with your purchase. Be careful, keep the key-ball in position with your hand to avoid any risk of ejection. Wipe dust off the components and check for rust or corrosion. Put the elements back in the following order: piston, spring, cap. Insert again the key-ball (the ring must be flat), keep it in position and screw the cap with the Allen key.
- All Helite airbags are CE certified and come with a 2 year warranty. You can benefit from a warranty of 4 years instead of 2 years from the date of the purchase of your airbag (except for the textile) by registering your airbag on the website www.my.helite.com. To know all the modalities thank you for visiting directly the website.
- If the textile is torn, the airbag is visible or pierced.
- If a crack, breakage or corrosion appears on the parts of the release pin or on the gas cartridge.
- If the motorcycle key-ball shows signs of damage.
- If the lanyard is worn out, frayed or has lost its elasticity.
- If you detect any abnormal wear of the product.
- These products are CE certified by the external laboratory CRITT (21 rue Albert Einstein, 86100 Chatellerault, France – Accreditation n ° 0501), Helite is the manufacturer (www.helite.com /email: email@example.com / Tel.: +33 (0)3 80 35 48 26). Each airbag is thoroughly tested before being sold. The product should only be used for its intended purpose.
- Helite cannot be held responsible notably for the following cases:
- In certain accidents, protection cannot prevent death or serious injuries.
- The airbag will reduce injuries only if it is inflated.
- Improper installation, incorrect use and maintenance not in accordance with the given instructions may lead to malfunction of the airbag.
- Any modification or any repair of the product not carried out by an authorized service provider may lead to malfunction of the airbag.
- A backpack or other items worn over the airbag may prevent or slow down the inflation of the airbag.
- Helite prohibits the use of the airbag in the following cases :
- Pregnant women.
- Persons that weigh less than 35 kg.
- Helite recommends to seek the advice of a health professional regarding the use of an airbag (particular pathology, breast prosthesis, pacemaker, …).